Invitation for Initial Selection Works
(Design and Build)
Employer: Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of Republika Srpska / Agriculture Projects Coordination Unit (APCU)
Project: Contract title: Detailed design and reconstruction of the main channel from the mouth of the Sava river to the mouth of the Majevica Obod channel
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina / Republika Srpska
Loan No.: to be provided accordingly
ISD No: BA-RS-SDIP-D&W-ISD-20-1.1.2
Issued on: 10.02.2021.
1. The Borrower, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Republika Srpska through subsidiary agreement with the Borrower has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Sava and Drina Rivers Corridors Integrated Development Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for "Detailed design and reconstruction of the main channel from the mouth to the Sava river to the mouth of the Majevica circumferential channel".
2. The Agriculture Projects Coordination Unit (APCU) on behalf of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water management of Republika Srpska (“the Employer”) intends to initially select Applicants for "Detailed design and works reconstruction of the main channel from the mouth to the Sava river to the mouth of the Majevica circumferential channel", BA-RS-SD1P-D&W-RFP-20-1.1.2 The subject of Detailed Design (DD), and later the execution of works, is the rehabilitation and reconstruction of the Main Perimeter Canal from the mouth of the Sava River SlO+OOO to the mouth of the Majevica Obod Canal SL7+489. The DD will provide a technical solution for the rehabilitation, reconstruction and extension of the Main Perimeter Canal, taking into account all analyzes and conclusions from the preliminary design of the main project, the analysis of previous study-project documentation, hydrological-morphological analyzes and geodetic-geological conditions. The DD will consider appropriate technical solutions, and adapt them to the phased execution of works.
The goal of this project is: to bring the channel into a safe and ftmctional condition by performing remediation works on the stabilization of degraded slopes of the main riverbed on the observed existing and potential landslides. Technical solutions will consider: (i) urgent - selective remediation of landslides estimated length of about 1.5-2.8 km on both, left and right banks and (ii) long-term - integral rehabilitation of the entire stretch of the canal - stabilization of the slopes of the main channel bed, planning and construction of continuous stabilizing structures on both sides.
The site is located in Republika Srpska, protected area “Semberija”. It is expected that the Request for Proposals will be made in January 2021. Time for completion of the construction work is 12 months.
To be qualified for the award of a short-list, Applicants must meet all the following requirements:
Historical non-performance: A consistent history of historical non-performance and/or litigation awards against the Applicants or any partner of a Joint Venture Contract Agreement (JVCA) may result in rejection of the application. Moreover, if an Applicant is formally debarred from contracting activities by the law or official regulation of the Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republika Srpska or by the Bank, and the Employer may not enter into a contract with such applicant, the Employer may reject the application.
Historical financial performance: The audited balance sheets for the last 5 (five) years shall be submitted and must demonstrate the soundness of the Applicants’ financial position, showing long-term profitability. Where necessary, the Employer will make inquiries with the Applicants' bankers.
Financial Capabilities: The audited balance sheets for the last 3 (three) years shall be submitted and must demonstrate the soundness of the Applicants' financial position, showing long-term profitability. Where necessary, the Employer will make inquiries with the Applicants' bankers.
(i) the average annual turnover of the Applicant must exceed EUR 9 million for the last 3 years (2017,2018 and 2019) for which accounts have been closed;
(ii) the average of cash and cash equivalents at the end and beginning of each year for the years 2017,2018 and 2019 must be positive;
(iii) The Applicants shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means sufficient to meet the construction cash flow for the contract for a period of 4 (four) months, estimated as not less than EUR 1.5 million equivalent, taking into account the Applicants' commitments for other contracts.
Construction Experience: the Applicant has implemented and completed, but not necessarily commenced, during the last 5 years up to the deadline for the receipt of applications indicated below, at least two (2) contracts of nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract within the last 5 years of a minimum value of EUR 4.0 million each and shall demonstrate that it had a minimum participation of 70 % in each of the contracts brought as reference. The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology or other characteristics similar to this one. At least one of the above required projects must include: river or channel reconstruction of minimum length of 10 km.
Design Experience: the Applicants shall include in his application a designer who shall meet the following minimum criteria:
(a) The designer shall have an average annual turnover (defined as annual earnings, expressed in its equivalent of
a defined currency) over the last 5 (five) years of not less than EUR 1,0 million equivalent
(b) successful experience as a designer (prime contractor, lead partner or partner in joint venture) with the satisfactory execution and Client’s approval of at least 2 (two) projects of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract. At least one of the above required projects must include: river or channel reconstruction of minimum length of 10 km.
The Applicants may satisfy criteria for designer by himself or in joint venture. Documentary evidences shall be submitted in the form of a table with a list of executed contracts, job description, contract value and contact person of the Investor for data verification, as well as confirmation of the investor on well performed works for each specified contract.
Prior to contract signing, the Applicant will be required to have company licenses for performance of Services and Works as well as having key experts with particular personal licenses for each type of works, as defined in the Republic of Srpska Law on Planning and Construction and its bylaws. The both type of licenses, company and personal, must be issued by the Ministry of Physical Planning, Construction and Ecology of the Republic of Srpska, in the case of jV, any member of JV shall be authorized as above.
The experience and financial record of any proposed subcontractor shall not be included in the evaluation.
The APCU intends to shortlist qualified and eligible firms to whom a subsequent request for proposals (RFP), both technical and financial, shall be sent
3. Initial Selection will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bank's Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, July 2026, revised in August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from the APCU at the address below during office hours (0900 to 1500 hours]. A complete set of Initial Selection documents in English language may be purchased by interested Applicants on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of BAM 200 or 100 EUR. The method of payment will be:
PAYMENT IN EUR
IBAN BA395672410000610769 Ministarstvo finansija i trezora BiH Sarajevo, Trg BiH 1 Bosnia and Herzegovina
57A:Account with Institution
Account No: EUR 936 5503 00 Swift code: SABRBA2B SBERBANK AD. Banja Luka Jevrejska 71,78000 Banja Luka Bosnia and Herzegovina
DEUTSCHE BANK AG
FRANKFURT AM MAIN
Swift code: DEUTDEFF
Details of Payment: RSAPCU- SDIP-1.1.2
Details of Charges: OUR
PAYMENT IN BAM
Ministarstvo poljoprivrede, šumarstva i vodoprivrede jedinica za koordinaciju poljoprivrednih projekata Banja Luka
The printed version of the document will be sent by courier and by e-mail. In case of any discrepancies between the electronic version and hard copy of the bidding documents, the latter will prevail.
5. Applications for initial Selection should be submitted in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 11:00 CET on February 23,2021. Late applications may be rejected.
Applications submitted as per Invitation for Initial Selection Works (Design and Build) published on December 14. 2020 in Glas Srpske and on Republika Srpska Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Water Management Official Portal will be considered and no need to be resubmitted.
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of Republika Srpska / Agriculture Projects Coordination Unit (APCU)
Mr. Stevan Raonic, Procurement officer
78000 Banja Luka, Republika Srpska
Trg Republike Srpske 1, Lamela A, 8. sprat, kancelarija 18
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PRIKAŽI VIŠE TEKSTA